Bri and Stefen

Bri and Stefen

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Count your Blessings Name them One by One

I dont know where to start tonight. I lay here listening to my cute husband talk in his sleep and I am holding my sweet Hulk. And I am grateful for what I have and the blessing the lord gives me everyday. My sister Megan fell over 200 feet off a cliff about a year and a half ago. She didnt have a helmet on and she didnt have any ropes. She laid in the canyon for about 7 hours waiting for search and rescue. She had a compound fracture to her right foot and they honestly thought that her foot would not make it. Her left foot also had a fracture. She had a compound fracture to her shoulder and some minor internal damage to a couple organs as well as a break in the tail bone. She was not on a path of righteousness at the time and living in a way we were defiantly not taught. Her and I at the time were not on speaking terms and I am grateful for everyday that she has survived after that day. On that night I could not go up to where she fell. I was stuck only knowing what was happening through pictures and phone calls. She has come from a life of drugs and drinking to a life of being grateful and wanting to share her story for the world to hear. Through the last year and half she has been converting back to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She has come along way from that underweight angry young woman, and for that I am proud. I am proud to say that we have a relationship again. I am proud to say that she is MY sister. And I am proud to say she has decided to serve a Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am nervous for her because of health issues but I know that the people she will be going to teach will be very blessed by this amazing young woman. I count my blessings everyday. I count all the family that I have surrounding my life that are still alive. For the next couple weeks the Lord will be preparing us and her for where he wants her to serve. And I hope that where ever she is sent that she will still be the strong young woman I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment