Bri and Stefen

Bri and Stefen

Monday, July 18, 2011

Things to miss about summer...

Being in Arizona for our first summer has been different.. Don't get me wrong its been fun with the blazing heat and the monsoons but its nothing like home... So here is my list of things that at least I mess about summer..

My friend Breanne and I found this candy shop is Gardner Village that sells taffy town taffy for cheap by the pound.. (I love taffy but Taffy town taffy is my ALL time favorite candy!) I havent been able to find that kind of taffy here. We would go in the spring and summer and get huge bag fulls and pig out.. 

Doesnt it look mouthwatering...


I miss driving right up the mountain and making tin foil dinners and s'mores. Its too hot here and there aren't exactly mountains around to drive up too.. 



I miss being able to drive down to Manti for the Manti pageant. We have the Mesa pageant here but it wasnt as fun without my friends Megan and Dan.. We always had fun on those "short" road trips.



I miss boating. We were able to go to Lake Powell earlier this year which was a blast but last year we were able to go out on the wave runners and boat several times. Unfortunately it is too hot here and there aren't really lakes close by nor do we have a boat or wave runners. 


I miss summer BBQ's. Luckily I was able to participate in one when I went up to Utah. But I usually go to several in a summer... Its too hot here. But we do go to friends houses and play games.

I know Stefen misses boating and wave running as he has told me. He misses BBQ's and his mothers amazing BBQ'd shrimp. (we are cheap right now and cant afford shrimp..)

We have had a fun summer with friends and we are very excited to go to a Supirse Ninja birthday party for a friend.  (hes turning like 25 not 2) We are thrilled to be making friends and being able to be invited places!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment