Bri and Stefen

Bri and Stefen

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A full Heart

This post may be boring for most and if you so desire you can just move on to something a little more entertaining. This post is for me to get my thoughts out.

Tonight was our relief society Christmas dinner. If you are not a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, relief society is a place for the women of the church to spend time with friends and learn about Christ's teachings.The relief society Christmas meeting is my all time favorite every year and I count down the days until the next year. This years was no exceptions. A wonderful narration was done by the most awesomest narrator ever. He has that perfect voice for movie previews, commercials, and the radio. Anyway enough about him. We watched a beautiful rendition of the book A Christmas Bell for Aniya by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. We were all in tears. And then we watched the Nativity. Along with amazing songs sung by amazing voices it was wonderful.

I love this time of year because it makes me so grateful for what I have and who I am. With the trials and miracles we have had in the last 6 weeks I have never had a stronger testimony that the church I belong too is the true church. My sister who fell 260 feet should not be alive and although we have our tiffs I love her and I am so grateful that god was able to stretch his hand down and cushion her fall. I am grateful for a small gift that came in the mail today that makes it possible for us to live.

While listening to the wonderful program this evening all these emotions flooded my mind and soul of everything that I have been blessed with in the last 6 weeks. Its been rough but because of friends and family I have made it through alive and kicking.

No comments:

Post a Comment