Bri and Stefen

Bri and Stefen

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Moo Moo goes the cow!!

While Stefen's family was here I had a birthday.. For my birthday what else would I want to do but go to a cow farm! Yes folks all my dreams were fulfilled! We went to Shamrock Farms with over 10,000 cows! Folks I dont know who was more entertained me or miss E. It was not only amazing to see all the cows but it was one of the most educational fun tours I have done. Bear with me on all the pictures. I was in heaven.

Miss E and I ready to go see the cows.

COWS!

They serve 500 tons of hay a day. Each hay barrel is 1 ton. Thats A LOT!


They treat the cows like they are at the spa. This was the sign describing the different things they do. One of them was a pedicure which we actually got to see and it was so.... I dont know what the word is. The cow didnt like being tipped on its side poor thing.

Cows.

At the farm they get a lot of the same nutrients we need.

This is Stefens favorite picture! Can you spot why!?Ha ha ha get it spot! I crack myself up! Anyway they get artificially inseminated so if you spotted the funny thing it was quite hysterical.

GIANT milk bottle! 

Miss E and I sliding. It was VERY low and I was having problems getting down the slide.

Awww we were sitting on a cow. Unfortunately it was not a real one. So in between this picture and the next picture we went and saw the cows get milked. It was very neat as the cows walked themselves in and knew exactly which spot to go to. Unfortunately we were looking through glass so the pictures didnt turn out. 

Watching some of them eat.

So these cows were so polite. We drove by right where they were walking and they stopped  about 10 feet back so we could cross the road on the tram.

Some of the baby cows. They put them in a group of 25 or 30 so they can figure out who is the bossiest cow. The bossiest cow then becomes the lead cow. They will stay in these groups for the rest of their life's.
Younger baby cows. Up until they are about 6 months old they are kept separate because they want the babies to stay healthy. They have 30 to 40 babies born EVERY day. We got there at 10 am and since midnight they had 14 babies born!

Miss E and I trying to feed a baby cow. These poor things were so freaked out about all the little kids that they were jumpy and did not want to eat. But at least we get to pet them.

Stefen petting one.

Awww what a cute baby!

All the cows that were in the fields like this were their organic cows.


No comments:

Post a Comment