Bri and Stefen

Bri and Stefen

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Fears


Stefen is out of town and I am wide awake. I thought I would blog my feelings out tonight about fears. I have some pretty irrational fears: like bugs. I hate ALL crawling, flying, scooting, gross nasty creatures. All of them. I run faster than Forrest Gump. Seriously ask anyone that knows me it is horrible. But another irrational fear that I did not have to deal with much in Utah and Arizona are bridges and overpasses. I drive on them or Stefen drives on them and I get white knuckled and sick to my stomach and then when we are off I am fine. I fear that I will get stuck on one and it will fall or a natural disaster will  happen and I will die. But living in the fine city of Eugene where the McKenzie river flows so beautifully, there are A LOT of bridges. I am coming to terms with them and learning that I can get over it however the thing I have been avoiding is something  similar to the picture below. A freeway interchange. I HATE them. They are usually one way, narrow, and curvey and make you feel like you are going to fall off. Seriously the speed limits are 45-55 MPH and I go 10 so I wont die. Usually people are honking and probably swearing and flipping me off. But I dont care. To get to Costco going on the freeway you  have to take one of these lovelies. Today I went to get a friend and her son so we could make a Costco trip. She got in the car and I said "okay tell me how to get to Costco without the freeway." She looked at me like I am crazy and told me that it would take longer. I said I didnt care but to get me there. And she did. Maybe one day I will come to terms with interchanges... 

Do you have any irrational fears that you avoid things so you dont have to deal with the fear? Tell me about them! I dont want to be the only crazy out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment