Bri and Stefen

Bri and Stefen

Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Picture Frame Remake

Things have been pretty calm around here. We are getting into the swing of thing and trying to learn the new area. Someone (yes I am the guilty party) buried the camera under a pile of papers. Needless to say it has been MIA for a while. Until today. It was found. We have been doing some fun crafts around here and we wanted to share.
I have been asking, no begging, no pleading on my knees with cherry on top for a year or two now for a jewerly holder or something. All of my pretty things have been hiding out in little boxes! But Pinterest and Goodwill came to the rescue! We decided to make a jewerly picture frame. 
We found this sweet and somewhat tacky photo of ducks at good will along with a semi lace looking shirt thing. 

For some reason I could not get the ugliness of this frame to come across it was like blue crackled paint with wait showing through it was hideous! So I sanded spots away and got to painting.

I am in this phase in life where I want everything to be teal. Isnt teal such a wonderful color. Its warm and cool and unique all at the same time. 

I guess I went crazy with taking too many photos of one thing and not enough of another. With that being said I am also in the vintage antiqued look right now also. So I took my sanding block and roughed out the edges of the frame after the paint was applied.

Stapled Lace on it and Wallah! However I really wanted it to hold necklaces...


So we just happened to have eyehooks laying around. So we took some snipper things and some holder thing and went to work into making them hooks instead of holes. 

We had a lot to do and I was frustrated so I took pictures and Stefen made them beautiful.

And then came the VERY tedious and lucrative task of screwing those puppies in. 

Wallah all done! And I love it I must say.


No comments:

Post a Comment