Bri and Stefen

Bri and Stefen

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Our realizations came true...

Do you remember this post about things I missed about summer?

Well while we were in Utah last weekend we came to a conclusion of more things we miss and why we MUST make it back to Utah. We only have about 1 year left. Isn't that exciting!?

Artic Circle. Yes we miss Artic Circle. We tried going there last Sunday in St. George but they were closed.
Pizza Factory. There are 2 in St. George and not one of them was open.
Real trees. Here in most of the state of AZ they have forest of Joshua trees and forests of weeds but it was so thrilling to go to Flagstaff and Orderville to see real pine tree and quaky aspens and trees that would just die in the hot climate.
The air. Here in Phoenix there is a green fog over the whole city. It was nice to breath in fresh air with the crispness of the fall and the smell of trees.
Family. We dont have family around here so it was nice to be around Stefens dad and uncle. It made us slightly homesick but we got over it when we realized that when we visit family we have to sleep on air mattress's in the cold. I will stick with my big bed and my heat.
Cold. Yes that word came out of my mouth. If you know me slightly at all you know I was ALWAYS cold in Utah. It could be 100 degrees out and I would have a jacket on. Well it was nice to get away from the heat even for a moment but I have to say now that I have lived in a permanent oven I think I prefer the cold. Sad but true. Guess I should invest in a negative 50 degree coat because my blood has thinned out that's for sure.
Doing free or cheap stuff. Even in Orderville there are plenty of exciting things to do like 4 wheeling and hiking and Zions. In Salt Lake there are mountains relatively close to where ever you are to go camping and fishing and hiking. But here in Phoenix everything is far away. It take 2 hours to go camping lets not even talk about fishing.

Now dont get me wrong we do love where we are at in our lives right now. It has been nice as newly weds to get away from family and be able to get to know one another and have gun. We love our awesome friends and have many type of friends. We love the support we have here from our friends but it will be nice when we dont have to live in an oven in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment