Bri and Stefen

Bri and Stefen

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Karen Arlene Close

Karen Arlene Waters Close 2/5/1942 ~ 2/17/2011 If you are reading this it means I have left this world to be with my sweetheart, my mother, sister and all the others I love who have gone on before me. What a wonderful reunion this will be. I leave behind my son, Steven Close, his son, Michael and his daughters, Sarah, Alyssa (Jake) and great grandson Gavin; My daughters Gina Close and her friend of many years Tina Austin; Julie (Ralph) Hays, her son, Anthony Gamble, her daughters, Johannah Gamble and Breeannah Hays; my daughter Sherilyn (Bill) Jones, her son William, her daughters, Amanda and Megan. Brothers Albert (Trudy) Waters and Michael Snedden; and family friend Lance Gamble. I have been so blessed to have my beautiful family and so many dear friends. This life has been a heck of a ride. The joys far out weigh the sorrows. No flowers, no tears. Please just do something nice for someone. See you on the otherside. It's been real. I love you so much! "...blackbird singing in the dead of night take these broken wings and learn to fly..."




This sweet lady was a friend of mine from convergys. I found out last week that she died in her sleep from many health problems. I was sad when I heard but it never really hit me till I read the obituary and I am now writing this blog. Death affects me differently than most I think. I have never really cried when someone has died. I have had my grandparents and great grandparents die and I have had some friends die but I never get sad. I think its because I know I will see them in the afterlife. I have been affected by Karens death and I am sad but this step in her life has put her out of her misery and she is no longer in pain. I love that she has written her own obituary. Thats something that she would do. I love this woman dearly and she was like a grandma to me. I will miss her and many many other people will miss her too! This blog post is dedicated to her! I love you Karen!

No comments:

Post a Comment