Bri and Stefen

Bri and Stefen

Monday, May 30, 2011

Food Mishaps and Delights..

So Stefen and I like to cook... We try to good and have fun doing it! These are some good things thats have happened and some not so good things. With the recipes for the good ones lol


The Biscuit Casserole Oops

So I have made this a million time in Utah. And for some reason after an hours of cooking the bottoms of the biscuits refused to cook. They just wanted to be dough. We even tried microwaving them and it just wouldn't work. It is a delicious recipe and I will give it to anyone who wants to try it but for some reason it would not could not work for me.
It looks so yummy even now when I look at it but you can see that it is still dough.

Stefens portions as you can see. This is after it was microwaved it is less doughy but still dough all the same.
 Easy Weight Watchers Taco Soup

Do you cook weight watchers style? I have tried some recipes and the ones I have tried are so simple and so yummy. This is one that worked and I added my own stuff to it too.

Its 1-2 cups chicken cooked and shredded
1 can of chicken broth
1 can of corn drained
1 can of black beans drained
1 small jar or 3/th of a large jar of salsa
Onion
we added green onion for fun too
garlic
taco seasoning
chili powder

Mix it all in a pot and heat throughly do not let boil if its starts to boil turn it down.

Serve with chips, cheese, and sour cream


Easiest soup ever

Burritos

Stefen loves Lynn Wilson burritos but here in Arizona they don't have them and we have tried several burritos and we haven't had any as good as the Lynn Wilson ones so he makes his own.

We usually make 5 or 6 for lunch but today he decided to make a lot and freeze them. Usually its just beans cheese and whatever veggies he wants but today he put hamburger, onion, olive, and carrot in it. With some veggies. Our local mexi mart has to die for tortillas so we have to have those.

I think he said there are 16. It took him about an hour to make them all



If you want more detailed instructions let me know. If not what are foods you like to make? What are some you mess up on?

No comments:

Post a Comment