Bri and Stefen

Bri and Stefen

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The toilet..

My frustrations with the our master toilet as of late are to high. Such a simple device such as a toilet should not cause so much stress. Now people don't go thinking that I am talking about now frustrations that people have with a toilet. I am talking about the fact that the stupid thing feels like it should not be a toilet any longer. 

For several months out toilet was dripping and leaking on the inside in the bowl. At first it was a soft quiet non harmful sort of leak. But then it just got worse and worse. So Stefen broke done and called the maintenance man. I love the fact that we live in an apartment complex that will pay and do just about anything we ask. So this nice although non English speaking man who kept calling me seniora came to fix our wonderful toilet the first time. In not so many words because I can understand about 4 words in Spanish and he could speak about 6 words in English, I was informed that a flappy would be fixed. Yes folks this is all I could understand of this man. So he left to get the flappy and I went to work. Later to find out he meant the flapper valve. I came home from work hoping to hear nothing but the peace of a quiet house. But woe is me I did not. I heard the annoying kerplunking sound of the leak inside the toilet. Stefen said we should wait a couple days and see if it will fix itself. (Don't you wish that inanimate objects would fix themselves? I sure do :)) So I waited 3 days until I finally insisted that he call the maintenance man and tell them that they better get it fixed this time or I would be sleeping on their office floor till it got done. 

He called on a Sunday and by Monday afternoon they were here to fix it. Now I was not here this time when they came but they left a note saying the replaced the whole insides of the toilet. I was happy, No joyous, No ecstatic! There was no longer dripping or kerplunking just peace and quiet. Until I heard it. Something I think is slightly more aggravating and more annoying then the first noise. Folks my toilet at this point would empty itself and fill itself back up. Which does not sound as bad as the dripping noise but it was worse much much worse. Sometimes you would go 4 or 5 hours without hearing it fill itself. Other times it would do it 10 time in a 20 min period. Thats right you read those numbers right last night every 2 minutes it would empty and refill itself. Stefen being the mechanic he is thought he could fix it. So he attempted 4 times because he didn't think that the maintenance man needed to come for something so petty. Well he time he touched that dang toilet it seemed to become more and more frequent. So he broke down and called them yesterday. They came first thing this morning and I explained to the guy as this was a different man what all they had done and he opened and said "I see that it has all been replaced. Are you more worried about the water usage or the noise?" I looked at him in the most odd way as he knows that our water bill is split between every single tenant. We dont pay much for water as it is. So I looked at him and said "Mr. I dont really care about how much water that toilet is using. I would just like to know what it feels like to not be woken up by the stupid toilet every hour." So he informed me that he would replace the flapper valve...

Once he was done he came to me and said if it is still doing it in a couple days we will replace the whole toilet and he left. So 10 minutes after he left as I am folding laundry guess what my toilet does? Yep you guessed it! It emptied and refilled itself. As I sit here typing this story it has done it 3 times. So tomorrow I am insisting that Stefen calls them and have them come again. As much as I dont want or need my bathroom torn apart I guess if we want peace and quiet it will happen.

I will let you know what happens to my toilet that seems to hate us....

No comments:

Post a Comment