Bri and Stefen

Bri and Stefen

Friday, September 30, 2011

More crafting...

Have I told you about my love for Pinterest? Well I LOVE it! I have found some fun stuff to make and some yummy recipes to concoct. These 2 crafts that I am displaying today I got the ideas from Pinterest but made them in my own way. The first one is an anniversary gift for Stefen. Dont worry he saw it already! I was s excited to give it him I couldnt wait. I knew he would love it and he did! 

So I got a deck of cards and I used sand paper to make them look worn out. I wanted a really old feel to it so I atteched the paper with why I love him with elmers glue so it would warp the cards. I also burned a couple of the cards and I added some little cutsie stuff. It turned out awesome! And it took me only a day to make it.

The front. 

A burnt page. You can see that i sand papered both sides of every card.

a cutsie thing.

some of them i used a permanent marker to write in some words to make it look like the message got ripped off or forgotten.

Project number 2 this week and the most complicated was a spiders egg with spiders coming out of it. Let me tell you making the egg with only one person is NOT recommended. Unfortunately Stefen was working so I did by myself. I didnt get the globs of glue off like your suppose to but i like how it turned out. I used glue, corn startch and water as my adhesive for the glue and wrapped the yarn and glue around a balloon. and then after it tried it was really cool to watch the balloon detach itself from the yarn. And then we took string and tied the spiders. Which was a pain too because they kept getting tangled. But o well it looks awesome!




No comments:

Post a Comment